Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Price/Weight - What's the diff? Now

My husband had a local lumber company order (to be delivered today) the lumber to have the basement framed. He brought home a copy of the packing slip. $900 for 60 2x6's?!?!! I added the total order and it was over $3800! Just for the basement? Something has to be wrong. Of course, we didn't see this until we went over the slip last night around 8:00 p.m. So, I got on Roofus (my laptop) and sent an e-mail to our lumber 'guy', asking him if the number should be 160 instead of 60. I also left him a message on his cell phone, because he was taking today off. He e-mailed me this morning. No, he's pretty sure it's 60, but he'll re-check his figures. He said he was going to work until 10:00 and he'd re-check then. I e-mailed him back and asked him to re-check the price too because $900.00 seems a bit steep for 60 2x6's. He could not think of how we were coming up with $900.00 when the total order was a little over 1100.00. The order is two pages long. I told him I figured the total order over 3800. Something wrong here....so we are e-mailing back and forth at 7:00 this morning. He goes in to work and sees that we are using the column that gives the weight! The 2x6's weigh 900 pounds! It looked like prices because the numbers were 1.80, 24.89, 35.56, 127.98, 900.00.....you get the idea. DUH.... Have we gone totally bonkers here?

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Live and learn. You will be so proud of yourself for accomplishing this build when its over... a journey with a happy... comfy... cozy ending.

    ReplyDelete