Sunday, July 22, 2012

drywall and dirt

Ok so we got back from Kentucky, and Dave started putting screws in the drywall. Lots of 'em.

And we spent yesterday filling in nail holes, and taping the joints, and doing the same old drywall mudding that you gotta do to make your walls smooth.

But let's go back to the dirt situation, from the neighbor's pond, that I ended my last post with.

I am not going to say I was happy when I first saw this....

When I was told we were going to get the dirt, and it would be a good thing so we could raise the front yard to the level it is supposed to be, I was ok with it.

But I had no idea it was this much dirt! And when I first saw it I was snapping pics with my phone and sending them to Dave at work.....WTH!!!!

This is where the dump truck drove up into our yard. This is an easy fix.

But all this.....not so easy.

I'm pretending it isn't there for now.

Dave did have to fix the gutters right away though.

Since the yard level was raised, the gutters were too low, and the tube thing that the water would run through was buried.

And then there was the issue of tearing the osb off of the porch to fill underneath it with raise the level.

This was the area across from the bee yard. It had a huge slope to it and was very hard to mow.

But this is what the area looks like now! I'm thinking of moving my bees to it and we've decided to plant it in white clover.

We used to have a ladder leaning against the porch. We had to climb the ladder to get on the porch. Not anymore! Now we can just step up on the porch...

If it had a floor that we could step up on!



  1. What a great resolution to what could have been a very ugly problem; ingenious!