Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Time for a house update!
Past time, actually...
We are working on the upper level, which is just two bedrooms and a bath.
And for our purposes, I doubt it will be used much.
I started painting trim for the upstairs back in November.
The way we do it is like this....
Dave measures and cuts the pieces of trim he needs and lays out what will fit on the horses.
He also puts these little trim pieces on nails because they are easier to paint and dry like this. I can get all sides without them sticking to the wood.
As you can see in the background of these pictures, we have a bit of a mess. There are a lot of materials and tools needed to build, and when you are working in two rooms, it gets a bit crowded with those materials and tools. We've put cardboard down to protect the hardwood floors. I'll do a proper TahDah post on the bedrooms when all of the stuff is out of those rooms.
We have lights and ceiling fans!
I'm pretty sure I'm done painting trim. And it's all hung.
We've also been busy with the bathroom.
Looking for flooring took a little bit of time.
Those were a couple of samples Dave brought home, but he wanted me to go to the store with him to make sure there wasn't something I liked better.
We have since finished the bathroom and in my next post I will show you all the details!