Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hardwood flooring upstairs

It's been awhile since I've posted on this blog. 
We...
in the proverbial sense....
whatever that means....
seriously...
I don't talk that way....
who does?
DAVE...(not we)
has been laying hardwood flooring upstairs.
After he painted this stairwell...all by himself.
I won't even say how he did it.
Because I can't explain it, nor can I find any pictures that I took.
Which I know I did.
One thing I have been doing, is carrying flooring upstairs.
A little bit at a time.

It's heavy.
It's hard to tell because we have most of it covered,
but he has two bedrooms finished.


 

 and is working in this closet.






 I have been doing other things around the house.
I decided to do some bathroom decorating.
I  took this spaghetti jar
 
and painted the inside of it with Coral Belle paint.
(I still have half a gallon of this paint)
 I've had the jar of cotton for the last ten years, at least. I used it in the bathroom at the house in town, before it was popular (or not) to decorate with! I grew it and picked it myself, back when I was VERY into gardening.

 So this is the shelf by our bathtub.  
I still need something on the wall above, but it will come.
I think I'll go soak in the tub and enjoy my little bit of decorating....
as it's hard work carrying flooring upstairs.
 
 Cindy

6 comments:

  1. Love how you have pulled it all together, the shelf display looks wonderful. Sounds like hard work lifting the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress - the floors are beautiful and your painted jar and vignette are so pretty! x K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathtub decorations is very beautiful..

    please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/2017/11/five-on-friday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you and Dave for your flooring job upstairs!
    Lovely shelf decorations display!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you and Dave for your flooring job upstairs!
    Lovely shelf decorations display!

    ReplyDelete